What information do we
1. "Personal Information." Personal Information refers to information that lets IMPAKTU know the specifics of who you are and which may be used to identify, contact or locate you (e.g. name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address). IMPAKTU may collect Personal Information when you use the IMPAKTU Properties including, without limitation, setting up account information, filling out surveys, corresponding with IMPAKTU, or otherwise volunteering information about yourself.
Information refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as a
specific individual (e.g. demographic information or website visitations).
IMPAKTU may collect Non-Personal Information through any of the methods
discussed above as well as automatically through use of industry standard
technologies described further below.
How do we use your information?
1. System Administration. IMPAKTU may use Non-Personal Information for the purposes of system administration, assisting in diagnosing problems with IMPAKTU servers, monitoring IMPAKTU's system performance and traffic on the IMPAKTU Properties and to gather broad demographic information about IMPAKTU customers.
3. Notices to Registered Users. If you have registered for an Account, IMPAKTU may use your Personal Information to send e-mails regarding your registration, including confirmation to verify the accuracy of any information you have provided, and instructions on how to post Content. IMPAKTU may also send you e-mails to verify your identity or to notify you if IMPAKTU believes your use of IMPAKTU Properties violates any applicable agreement for the use of the IMPAKTU Properties.
4. Promotional E-mails. IMPAKTU may use your Personal Information to send you e-mails periodically listing promotions or events relating to the IMPAKTU Properties or from IMPAKTU's marketing partners or sponsors. You have the choice to opt-out of receiving such promotional e-mails by sending an e-mail to email@example.com and/or following the instructions in such correspondence. Once IMPAKTU's has processed your opt-out request, IMPAKTU will not send you promotional e-mails unless you opt back in to receiving such communications.
6. Contact Information. If you contact IMPAKTU by telephone, e-mail or letter, IMPAKTU may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence. If you report a problem with the IMPAKTU Properties, IMPAKTU may collect this information in a file specific to you. You may contact IMPAKTU at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from IMPAKTU's database.
How do we protect your information?
1. Security Measures. IMPAKTU takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information. These include, but are not limited to, internal reviews of: (a) IMPAKTU's data collection; (b) storage and processing practices; (c) electronic security measures; and (d) physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where IMPAKTU stores Personal Information. All IMPAKTU employees, contractors and agents who access Personal Information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution or unauthorized use or disclosure of Personal Information.
2. Third Party Links. The IMPAKTU Properties may contain links to third parties who may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information directly from you. Additionally, IMPAKTU may use third parties to provide components of the IMPAKTU Properties. In either case, such third parties may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of IMPAKTU. IMPAKTU: (a) has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions; (b) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites; and (c) does not make any warranties or representations about the contents, products or services offered on such websites or the security of any information you provide to them.
How do we collect your information?
The Personal Information practices set forth apply to all IMPAKTU's customers worldwide.
1. Registration. Prior to using one or more of the IMPAKTU Properties, IMPAKTU may require certain Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to create an individual account ("Account") or to enable features or functionality of the IMPAKTU Properties. Failure to provide all required information required by IMPAKTU may prevent access to any or all IMPAKTU Properties, and failure to maintain accurate information may result in suspension or termination of access to any or all IMPAKTU Properties.
2. Information Collected Through Technology. While you are able to visit the IMPAKTU Site and remain anonymous, IMPAKTU or its third party service providers may still collect Non-Personal Information about your use of the IMPAKTU Properties (e.g. your Internet browser, operating system, IP address, connection speed, and the domain name of your Internet service provider). Such information may be gathered by the following methods:
(a) Cookies. Cookies, including local shared objects, are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive which work by assigning to your computer a unique number that has no meaning outside of the IMPAKTU Site. Cookies do not generally contain any Personal Information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the IMPAKTU Properties unavailable to you.
(b) IP Address. You may visit many areas of the IMPAKTU Site anonymously without the need to become a registered User. Even in such cases, IMPAKTU may collect IP addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin Services with an Internet services provider. Each time you access the IMPAKTU Site and each time you request one of IMPAKTU's pages, the server logs your IP address.
(c) Web Beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and e-mails. IMPAKTU may use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that IMPAKTU sends to Users to determine whether they have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is Personal Information.
(d) Tracking Content Usage. If you use the IMPAKTU Services and you post audio visual materials including, without limitation, text, logos, artwork, graphics, pictures, advertisements, sound and other related intellectual property contained in such materials (collectively, "Content") to your website or to a third party website, IMPAKTU tracks and captures Non-Personal Information associated with User accounts and the use of Content.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
IMPAKTU does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Use of third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Use of the IMPAKTU Properties is not intended for minors under the age of 18 ("Minors"). Minors are not authorized by IMPAKTU to use the IMPAKTU Properties, even if Minors set up an Account or accept the terms of any agreement for IMPAKTU Properties. Parents or guardians may authorize Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 to use the IMPAKTU Properties, provided they assume all responsibility and legal liability for the conduct of such Minor including, without limitation, monitoring the Minor's access and use of the IMPAKTU Properties. IMPAKTU does not intentionally collect nor maintain any personally identifiable information from Minors. If you discover your Minor child has submitted his/her information to IMPAKTU, you may request to have such information deleted from IMPAKTU's database by sending an e-mail request to email@example.com together with the e-mail address that was submitted by the Minor. Upon receiving the request, IMPAKTU shall delete such information within twenty (20) business days. If IMPAKTU learns that a Minor is using the IMPAKTU Properties, IMPAKTU will require verified parental or guardian consent, in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA").
This policy was last modified on December 1, 2011
15 William Street, #25D
New York, New York 10005